Habits are addictive practices that can either enhance your life or keep you stuck in life-defeating patterns that lead to mediocrity.
Powerful people maintain powerful habits that propel them forward and help them to access their greatest self. Here are five simple habits that you can adopt and incorporate into your life.
1. Stillness- Your mind is full of chatter and fires off anywhere from 40,000 to 70,000 thoughts per day. Stillness helps you to evaluate, redirect, and cancel out thoughts that aren't serving you and your purpose and are life-draining and toxic. Challenge yourself to sit still for two minutes and hold one thought. Start with holding a word in your mind, such as love, God, purity, peace, or beauty. As you get better at sitting still, improve your time by 30-second intervals. When you do this, find a comfortable chair and sit up straight. Feel your toes, your hands, and your heart beat. Get still as stillness will help you to become more of who you're created to be and less of who you currently are. Adopting this mindset tool will help you to become stronger and helps to establish your brand presence.
2. Writing- I write constantly because there is power in writing down your thoughts. I've been known to capture ideas and write them on the back of receipts, napkins, in journals, on my iPhone/ iPad, on scratch paper, and even in my bible. I'm always writing something. Writing is a powerful exercise that helps you to unveil hidden thoughts, beliefs, and creative ideas to help you lead a more dynamic life. Writing helps you make meaning out of your world and allows for you to express yourself in ways that speaking or thinking can't. The power of this habit can't be stressed enough.
Where do you write your thoughts down?
3. Exercising- I'm still working on this one, but movement is extremely helpful. When you move you're aiding your body in the flow of oxygen, giving your digestive system a boost, helping blood flow through your body. All of this helps with lifting the fog from your mind and increasing clarity. When you run you release worries and doubts, and you learn to push through your self-imposed limits.
What's your favorite exercise?
4. Reading- I strongly believe in having a balanced reading diet. You should have a healthy dose of fiction and non-fiction in your personal canon. In my library you can find books on law, government, social issues, spiritual dynamics, personal finance, and historical books. Your library is a reflection of your values, thoughts, and mindset. Say that with me: My library is a reflection of my values, thoughts, and mindset. Literacy gives you access to dynamic thoughts, propels you into conversation and thoughtful discourse, challenges your thinking, increases your discernment, and aids in personal growth and development. The great Jim Rohn said: "All readers are leaders." He was the grandfather of personal development. Your leadership capacity is dependent upon this strategy.
What was the last book you read? How did it help you to become a better person? What lessons did you learn?
5. Thinking- Thinking is an underrated activity, especially in our “speak your mind and say what you want to say” culture. Deep thinking allows you to mull over ideas and meditate on your thoughts so that you can pull out important messages. Incorporating time within your day to think about the matters of your heart is just as important as taking big action. This type of thinking will allow you to make better decisions, download creative ideas, and establish scripts on how to proceed and succeed in different areas of your life. Most people are afraid to sit with their thoughts and balk at the idea of taking time out of their day to think about something on purpose, but this method increases your brilliance and puts you in a class of your own.
What's the difference between stillness and thinking?
When you take time out of your day to think, you're bringing a thought into your mind to grapple with, whereas stillness is about letting go of your thoughts and allowing new thoughts and ideas to come to you.
The goal is to act thoughtfully instead of reacting to your world.
Mrs.Queenie Johnson, M.A.
Brilliant Mama, Let's Build Your Brand, Business & Brilliant Child
I'm a Celebrity Family Education Consultant, Personal Brand Strategist and the brains behind and Founder of The School of Brilliant Thinkers. I believe that by helping mompreneurs (like you) unfold their brilliance, their children will have an impeccable model for what's possible in their futures. Mama Be Brilliant is our signature program to help moms market their brilliance + amplify their brand presence in the marketplace.
Join Our FB Group
Must Read Blogs
Free Call w/Queenie
Blogs to Inspire
School for Brilliant Thinkers on Instagram